Re: wine question

w bugar wrote:
Hi, I installed wine, using FC4, and put in a CD from
the back of a textbook, the initial screen came up but
none of the buttons worked. I got this error message
using the command line (wine xxx.exe):

[wbugar@localhost cdrecorder]$ ls
autorun.inf dir illgloss installer refimg video weldres ws.exe WS_icon.ico
[wbugar@localhost cdrecorder]$ wine ws.exe
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width
-4232

Something I can do to fix this?
I also tried to load the winetools rpm:

[wbugar@localhost Wine]$ rpm -i winetools*rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        wine is needed by winetools-2.1.2-jo.i386
[wbugar@localhost Wine]$ which wine
/usr/local/bin/wine
[wbugar@localhost Wine]$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/wine
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 102904 Jul 30 00:39
/usr/local/bin/wine

You are trying to install an rpm of winetools but you didn't install wine using RPM, so there's no record of it in the RPM database. This is one reason why it's always better to install software using RPM if possible.

See if you can find an RPM of wine and install that.

Paul.