Disk space is full

Hi all ,

   We have almost 20 server which have Fedora Core 2 installed.
The server have application server installed , mysql and etc for our j2ee application. However we have some problem in some of server , the disk space is full when i do df command . This is because we have to store image captured daily to the server. The image is about 74 MB and our server capacity is 40 GB.

The weird things is that our j2ee application is still running without any problem . I think that the server will died , just a matter of time . What will happen to linux filesystem if the disk is full ?

Another question is my colleague ask me to use autopartition of grubs for linux server . However i have read some disadvantages using Autopartition of linux server . Anyone have a doc so that i can show to my colleagues regarding disadvantages ?

Thanks