Re: Mysterious error on Firefox startup

taharka wrote:

Claude Jones wrote:

That's a lot of extensions! FWIW, recently, after a Firefox upgrade, 1.0.4>1.0.6, I experienced different problems with Firefox. Very strange behaviors such as the personal toolbar not appearing, the favorites sidebar not appearing at first, and having to close/open the sidebar to get the list, and other things. I ended up removing my three extensions, and reinstalling them, and that cured what ailed me.
You can also start firefox in "safe mode", in order to pin down problematic extensions quickly/easily ;-)

I checked 'man firefox' and didn't see an option for safe mode. How /do/ you do that?

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Thanks for chirping in Claude and taharka. For now I guess I'll take the lazy route and just backup and nuke my ~/.mozilla/firefox directory so I can start configuring and adding extensions from scratch. Hold on a second while I try that................Ok, it does indeed start without the error in its' virginal state. I'll start adding the extensions back one at a time and post back if I discover the culprit. (I'll notify the author(s) as well.)

thanks again.

--
B r e n d a n   M c E n a n e y
http://www.speakeasy.org/~mcenaney