Re: Mysterious error on Firefox startup

Brendan McEnaney wrote:

Thanks for chirping in Claude and taharka. For now I guess I'll take the lazy route and just backup and nuke my ~/.mozilla/firefox directory so I can start configuring and adding extensions from scratch.

Responding to myself here! ;-) It occurred to me that doing the above was nuking *everything* including bookmarks, cookies etc. so I undid that silly move and just nuked the 'extensions' directory in my ~/.mozilla/firefox/[user].default directory and just re-installed most of the extensions fresh. The only problem was the 'Mozilla Calendar' extension failed to install. There were postings on the install page for the Calendar indicating that there are problems with it in Firefox 1.0.6 so perhaps that was spawning the error message. Whatever...it's gone...I'm happy...thanks again...ciao.

--
B r e n d a n   M c E n a n e y
http://www.speakeasy.org/~mcenaney