Re: Our (US) $s at work.

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 17:27 -0700, jdow wrote:
> From: "Mike McCarty" <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > I already know how to use yum. Please respond to what I wrote
> > rather than to what you read.
>
> He did. It will simply be yet another yum update.
>
> You DO keep your system up to date, don't you?
> {^_^}

I believe Mike was following up Gene Heskett's post
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-July/msg05976.html)
about how to update his FC2 system, which won't get updated via yum
because FC2 is no longer maintained, except for security issues via
Fedora Legacy. So all the answers suggesting to use yum or otherwise
keep up to date missed the point.

However, I've seen at least two replies that *did* indicate how to
update time zone data yourself:

* My suggestion of referring to "man zic":
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-July/msg05984.html

* Joel Jaeggli's post going into more details of the timezone file
format and the libc functions that support timezones:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-August/msg00176.html

Can we please wrap up this thread now?

Paul.
--