FC3 -> FC4 Fresh install, keeping /home

Finally going to bite the bullet and update my main machine, one
question though.

How will I have to handle existing user directories and information on
the /home partition if I do a fresh install of FC4?  What will happen
when during the first run I have to create a user and this user's
directories etc already exists? I am going to back up all the
information to DVD anyway as well as leaving copies on other partitions.

Also, will my raid0 drive (data drive) cause / be a problem?