Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Steven W. Orr wrote:
The problems with it are a mile long and I'm very disappointed that I upgraded my home machine.
I've upgraded (well, fresh installs) three different machines from FC3->FC4 lately, and I have the opposite opinion. FC4 was smoother (less problems) than any of the previous cores I've tried (FC1 was the first), on all my machines (one of which is a server/gateway running DNS, mail, DHCPD, databases, etc). Gnome is faster and cleaner, too ! The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the latest kernels have been buggy (for instance the CD/DVD insert=>panic problem on the latest update, and the one before that which wouldn't boot at all on my laptop).

GCC4 has given me less troubles than I would've ever imagined. For things that don't work with GCC4 yet, there's always compat-gcc-32.

I have no problem in recommending FC4 to anyone. Perhaps I've been lucky, who knows.

Øyvind.
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
 < http://www.oyvind.nu/