Re: Boot failure on FC4 install

At 4:48 PM -0400 7/8/05, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>FC3 on that machine has no trouble reading the CDs.  I can't even boot the
>CD far enough to carry out the media check step on that machine.  The CDs
>pass the media check with no trouble on other machines.  As I said, I've
>installed from them on other machines, and a boot.iso CD that I burned on
>the drive in the machine in question also does not boot on that machine.

OK, so this shows that the CD drive in that machine can actually read this
particular CD.  The problem must be in FC4 software.

Umm, have you fiddled around trying other kernel boot options, such as
"rhgb quiet", or removing "quiet", or type garbage the first time, etc.?

>How can I get the sha1sum of the image on the disc itself?

On another machine, or using FC3.  It should already be installed.  I
expect that it's not your problem.