Re: Browsers for those IE-only sites

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 6/28/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now that is getting specific.  There is a page (I don't have the link)
that does a full CSS test of browsers for compatibility.  I found the
link looking for Browser compatibility issues.

There was a discussion about IE and CSS some time ago that pointed to
the link.
--
Robin Laing

I would like to point out that Opera usually does far better than any
other broswer in these types of tests. They built their reptuation on
standards compliance.

Yes, I have heard it before.

I remembered the search term for the test.

From http://www.webstandards.org/ there is a deeper link to the acid2 test.

http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/

FWIW, Mozilla 1.7.7 on FC1 fails the test.

Of course the test has this disclaimer at the bottom.

Note: some 827 people (rough estimate, contents may have settled during shipping) have written to point out that the CSS used in the test is invalid. This is deliberate, as a means of exposing the ability of user agents to handle invalid CSS properly.

--
Robin Laing