Re: NetworkManager, Wireless and Fedora FC4

Hi,

I had the same problem. What I did is created a small shell script and put in one of the rc file.
All this script does bring up eth1 after everything loaded.
"#!/bin/bash
ifconfig eth1 up"
That's it it works for me.

Laszlo
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 7:26am, Preston Kutzner wrote:
On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 06:44 -0700, Craig White wrote:
 On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 08:38 -0500, Preston Kutzner wrote:

> I'm having problems getting NetworkManager to work correctly on my
> ThinkPad T30, with the built-in wireless (Prism 2.5 chipset). By
> default Fedora uses the orinoco drivers, which do work, and I can get my
> wireless card working, but I have to activate it manually every time
> through the 'Network' panel.. I've got the latest version (cvs packages
> mentioned in the clemson walk-through) installed, but I can't get it to
> find any networks around it. Anybody know of any tricks to get this
> working with my card?
----
one of the problems with laptops and pcmcia cards is that the network
services load before the pcmcia service and though it is counter-
intuitive, ONBOOT = YES makes it not work and ONBOOT = NO makes it work
automatically at startup. I would speculate that the reason is that when
the pcmcia service starts, if it detects the network device as already
working, it won't bother with initializing it.

Unfortunately for me, this is a pci card, and not a pcmcia. :-/ I'm trying to get the built-in wireless working. Well, it's working and all, just not with NetworkManager (nm-app). -- Preston Kutzner | Network Administrator
Laszlo Antal