Re: NetworkManager, Wireless and Fedora FC4

Preston Kutzner wrote:

As an aside, would this have anything to do with the fact that FC is
trying to use the orinoco drivers, as opposed to, say, the hostap
drivers? I've tried to install the hostap drivers, but FC insists on
the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf file and the /etc/modules.conf file to use the
hostap drivers instead of the orinoco, but every time I reboot my
computer, some script changes the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf file back to
using the orinoco drivers, so then the system loads both and the card
won't work at all.

Try disabling the Kudzu service. It's probably kudzu comparing the default config (using orinico drivers) and replacing the manual configuration.

--
Pedro Macedo