Re: extras - yum autoupdate - plone

Petr Fischer wrote:

Hi fedora users, why is alpha (!) version od plone in fedora-extras
repository? With yum autoupdates, plone is  automatically updated with
this alpha version -> our plone websites are broken.
I have "exclude=zope plone" in my yum.conf now, but it's a wrong way
(IMHO).

Is fedora-extras stable repository?

Thanks! pf

It seems that both the stable and alpha versions of Plone is available in Fedora Extras

http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/repoview/plone-0-2.0.5-3.html
http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/repoview/plone-0-2.1-0.1.alpha2.fc4.html

It would be a good to file a bug report and suggest that the alpha version be named differently and yes Fedora Extras is meant to be a stable repository

regards
Rahul