Re: memory.c - bad pmd - x86_64

Dave Jones - Fri, Jun 03 2005 23:56:58 -0400:

> Ok, here's something for folks to chew on over the weekend
> http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/test/  has a 2.6.12rc5 based
> kernel for FC3.
>
> I've not even had chance to test-boot this one yet, so
> buyer-beware..  There's no guarantee I won't do another 2.6.11
> update for FC3 before pushing this out as an update to updates-testing
> (where it'll sit for a week or two). It all depends on how
> this works out.

Thanks, Dave. I will try to get this booted tomorrow morning and see if
I can reproduce the memory.c problem, ntpd segfault etc. Would be nice
if at least someone could tell me if this one boots flawlessly for my
machine is hosted in a remote location and if it hangs I'll have to pay
50 Euros to get a technican as a "remote hand".

Regards

Christoph

--
| GnuPG Public Key: http://www.thefranke.net/public.asc |