Re: Wireless suggestion - tired of madwifi

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 13:30, Jason Brown wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>

> >So far it has been very stable and works just fine.  About the only
> >complaint is that due to startup order I have to manually ifup the
> >interface once the system is booted.  But then that has been a problem
> >for awhile.
> >

> I have had similar issues before, to fix this go to /etc/rc.d/init.d and
> set pcmcia to start before network by giving it a lower number.

Did that for awhile.   I found the best work around was to set the
pcmcia network interface to NOT start at boot time.  It would still
startup at boot time when pcmcia services were started.

With the WG511 this is the first time I have used Driverloader.
Driverloader is started after network and pcmcia services. I have not
played with changing the order of this startup script.

For now I just created a launcher to start wireless after I login to the
system.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.