Re: history command

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 07:30:22AM -0700, jim martin wrote:
> I was wondering how the command history work.  For
> example when I type history in the root, I am seeing
> all the past commands that I had type. But my
> colleague did type some commands just now but they
> seems not shown in the history file. He is type those

Check this out:

<http://www.wylug.org.uk/talks/2003/07/bash_tips.html>

Additionally, I suggest *always* using sudo to perform root-access tasks,
since this is logged for later review. (So you can check much, much later to
see if you've screwed something up.)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>