Re: How do I enable nightly yum?

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 07:27, Matthew Miller wrote:

[...]

I hate the thought of a power failure while a software update is in progress. Whether it happens to me or not, it must happen to some folk somewhere somewhen.

Sure, but that could happen during a non-automatic update too. Any reason it's more likely with automatic updates?

A big difference is that if you have more than one server and you
update by hand, you are likely to stop when you notice the first
one isn't working any more.

I update several concurrently. only one is FC, and because the others have already downloaded their updates, the FC box is slowest.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait