Re: APM and/or ACPI

On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:20:09 -0600
<disguised.jedi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/22/05, Charles E Taylor IV <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If your laptop supports ACPI suspend, then why not just use that?
> /*
> I would, but I couldn't find a place that told me how to do that.
> Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.
> */

It seems that a lot of "the laptop just doesn't wake up" problems can be
solved by appending "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to your kernel's boot line in
grub.conf .

Basically, you probably want to write ascript that's called whenever you
press a key combination on your laptop.

Here's what I do on my laptop.  And since this is the first laptop I've
ever used ACPI on, it is probably a bit rough at the edges.  Also, unless
you have the same laptop I do, you will probably still need to make
some changes.

http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/jvcmini.html

(Scroll down to the "Configuration of Fedora Core 3" section)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/