Re: APM and/or ACPI

On Sun, 22 May 2005 disguised.jedi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm having a few issues with APM and ACPI.  I need ACPI for the
battery status monitor and such, and my laptop fully supports it, so
I'd like to use it.  Anyway, the suspend command in the battery
monitor uses `/usr/bin/apm -s` to suspend, and it doesn't work unless
I pass the kernel "acpi=off apm=on" at boot.  (Yes, I have done my
research, and haven't found a good solution.)  If I do this, the
monitor is convinced that there is no battery present, and I can't get
a percentage.

So, that's my dilemma.  Anyone got any good advice?  I'm using the
standard kernel which has APM support (the `/usr/bin/apm -s` says it
doesn't) and the standard setup for APM and ACPI.

You can replace the suspend command in the battery monitor with the appropriate script for ACPI. Alternatively, suspend using the laptop function keys.

You can only run one at a time of APM and ACPI. If your laptop supports only one, that's the one you have to use. If you include "acpi=off" as a kernel option, APM will run in its place.

Thanks!

-- Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu