Re: cdrecord can't burn CD using FC3 yet

On Fri, 20 May 2005 19:02:38 -0400 (EDT), Jude DaShiell wrote:

> The drive is correctly detected but cdrecord appears to be being blocked
> from opening up the scsi driver.  cdrecord -scanbus did produce mostly
> correct results.  In earlier versions theiomega 250MB zip disk drive was
> also detected along with the cdrom and cd burner drives.  Now the zip
> drive is no longer detected even though I have it loaded and am accessing
> it.  Running the script in the cd-writing-howto to create devices gets
> some nasty audit messages back even for root user and devices can't be
> created and this is even with hal and stuff hal uses turned off.  That
> same behavior is what gave me the idea to turn hal and associates off in
> the first place but hal isn't responsible for this.

What burner is it? What is reported by "dmesg" about it? What does
cdrecord -scanbus return? What parameters do you pass on to the kernel?
How do you run cdrecord? What is in /etc/cdrecord.conf? What error
does cdrecord print?

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
loadavg: 1.29 1.26 1.23