Re: FC4 and KDE : my hopes

Hi

Fair enough. I have these updates. Unfortunaetly, at least two of applications currenty don't work.
I stand corrected howver, having been looking for a version change all along.

If KDE has a new minor release, it most likely would be included with Fedora as an update as the project has a design goal to be as close as possible to the upstream version. If that doesnt fix your bug then you might consider reporting it to the Red Hat Bugzilla. If its a critical fix, especially a data loser or a security fix it is likely to be fixed through patches. However major version bumps within the same release is kind of pushing the limits. I am pretty sure there are party repositories that does it for both GNOME and KDE and note that despite your impression that Fedora is a GNOME centric project, a new major version of GNOME hasnt been made available for Fedora Core 3 either. The policy is the same for all packages included in Fedora

regards
Rahul