Re: FC4 and KDE : my hopes

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 08:25:05PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Originally I intended to go on a rant about how old the FC3 available version of KDE is, but I recognize that Fedora is Gnome centric and that I am not contributing financially to the Fedora Project. As such I would

The FC4 development tree has 3.4.0, which as far as I know is the very latest. FC3 had 3.3.0 but was shortly updated to 3.3.1. I'm really not sure what more you coud want.

It would have been nice to have had the update for KDE to 3.4 sooner, apperently alot of kde centric apps nolonger compile (easily at least) against KDE 3.3.1 libs.

PS: It would be nice if rpm building process was a little clearer and simple, and there was a clear mechanism to contribute rpms, in that case I would be more than happy to contribute rpms to lesser popular applications that novices may want.

The Extras project is working on the second part. But the first part would be a pretty significant amount of work -- making good packages is inherently a difficult process, and making it more automated would be even more so.

There's *starting* to be better documentation, though.