Re: FC4 and KDE : my hopes

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 08:52:20PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> It would have been nice to have had the update for KDE to 3.4 sooner,
> apperently alot of kde centric apps nolonger compile (easily at least)
> against KDE 3.3.1 libs.

I don't think going from version to version is a good idea within a stable
release. (Except maybe in the case of a security problem that can't be
easily addressed otherwise.) If you want to track a particular project
directly outside of the distribution, you can do that, of course. I
certainly wouldn't want that to happen with GNOME either.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>