Re: cc poster

Dave Cross wrote:
On 5/19/05, Bob Chiodini <rchiodin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A more technical observation/question:  On this list if I reply from
evolution the reply goes to the list.  On the Fedora-AMD64 list, if I
reply it's to the sender, unless I choose "reply to list", then it's to
the list, "reply to all" replies to both.  Can someone explain what
makes it different?

On this list the mailing list software is changing the reply-to header
so it points back to the list. On your other list the mailing list
software leaves the reply-to header untouched.

In your reply, reply-to was set to both you and the list. It's pretty annoying, and harder than it should be, to keep the discussion on-list because if you reply to this and send me a copy as mailman suggests, mailman will suppress the duplicate it sees and not send me a copy. Then, my reply will, unless I notice and change the address, will only go to you and not to the list. It seems to me that's broken behaviour.

Unless I change my preferences at the lists website, and that fixes the problem only for me.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait