Re: cc poster

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:46 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> John Summerfied wrote:
> > I know some think it a courtesy to send copies to the originator of
> > email send to lists.
> >
> > OTOH others find it a discourtesy. I belong to this second group.
> >
> > The only argument I've seen that has any merit for the first group's POV
> > is "so that they get it sooner."
>
> In general, I agree. I will admit to CCing certain posters
>
>  * when they come to the list solely to get help on one particular
>    problem
>
>  * when it's been a week or so since they posted, no-one's responded,
>    and I've taken pity on them and helped as best they can.
>
> Under these circumstances, I'm not sure if they're still watching the
> list.
>
> > And, please don't set reply-to in your email clients. I often find my
> > outgoings in need of pruning.
>
> Um. IMHO if they set reply-to, they're *asking* you to CC them, and
> there's no reason not to honour that.
>
> James.

A more technical observation/question:  On this list if I reply from
evolution the reply goes to the list.  On the Fedora-AMD64 list, if I
reply it's to the sender, unless I choose "reply to list", then it's to
the list, "reply to all" replies to both.  Can someone explain what
makes it different?

Bob...