cc poster

I know some think it a courtesy to send copies to the originator of email send to lists.

OTOH others find it a discourtesy. I belong to this second group.

The only argument I've seen that has any merit for the first group's POV is "so that they get it sooner."

I've just checked one of my responses, it appeared so soon I thought something was wrong.

It's got lots of headers showing it's been to Red Hat, and back to me in under 30 seconds.

I repeat, under 30 seconds!!

And in my case that includes two trips via modem: I have a secondary MX that relays my entire domain into a private LAN, so when I'm dialled in there's no delay in forwarding, and I read mail off the LAN. It's better than GMAIL, Hotmail and Yahoo! users will do, but it does refute the argument in favour of those who send copies.

Please, don't send copies to folk on this list. Especially not to the subsequent posters.

And, please don't set reply-to in your email clients. I often find my outgoings in need of pruning.

And well-done RH. Not all lists are this quick.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait