Re: Thank you

hanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Paul Howarth wrote:

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 08:29 +0800, jacquesdong wrote:

I would appreciate you i you can send me somespecial messages
particularly focusing on the compatibility about Fedora core 3 and windows xp OSloader.

If you install Fedora Core 3 into unpartitioned free space you have on an existing Windows XP system, the Fedora installer will by default install the grub bootloader on your Master Boot Record (MBR), and grub will be configured to offer a choice between booting Windows and Linux. Unlike Fedora Core 2, there are no major compatibility issues.

Paul.

You can't write it to the mbr or xp will over write grub everytime.

Every time you reinstall XP, not every time you boot it. Grub is installed on the MBR by default in Fedora and dual-booting XP is not normally a problem; I have a number of machines set up this way. If your MBR is getting overwritten every time you boot XP then something is wrong.

If you set up fedora with /boot as a serperate partiton it is really easy following this how
http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html
Good luck - an extra note when you make the entries in boot.ini
make sure time out is not set to 0

This is also a good method of dual-booting, but it's not the only way.

Paul.