Re: Fedora Core brevity vs server upgrades

On Wed, 4 May 2005 14:25:59 -0400 (EDT)
"William Hooper" <whooperhsd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> It is configured to do that be default now, yes.

> > Ouch - that is very cache-unfriendly.

> It is much, much more mirror friendly, though.

Is there any way to easily configure *which* mirrors get looked at?  I
notice that seemingly every other yum run I end up accessing an overseas
mirror at a very slow connection speed.  It'd probably be better if my
US-based machines tried to access US-based mirrors rather than European
ones.

Or would it be best to just (in the ,repo files) choose a close mirror as
"baseurl" and comment out "mirrorlist" entirely?

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/