Re: Same partition different size were reported by hardware browser and df

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 17:16 -0700, Barry Yu wrote:

One machine I installed fc3 in a partition where 25 gb was reserved, I found that;

Using hardware browser to see that partition, size 25gb was reported ( This is correct size)

Using df  -h   /dev/hda10;

Filesystem size used Available Used % Mounted on
/dev/hda10 15g 6.9g 6.9g 51% /

Using fdisk;
Start End Blocks Id
/dev/hda10 4264 7451 25607578+ 83 linux

It looks like you have a 15G filesystem on a 25G partition. Did you increase the partition size at some point?

What is wrong ? This machine after used for a week, a message telling that the partition is full (15gb is used up), and I found that under /mnt/ms/ folder there were still some contents supposed should have been umounted, even I umount it again, the contents are still there! I think it has something to do with misreported partition size as above mentioned.

I think the two are unrelated. This probably happened because you copied some files to /mnt/ms when the filesystem you usually have mounted there was not mounted, so those files are actually in the root partition.

Paul.

I did not increase partition size ever since I made this partition at 25 gb, and I stalled fc3 on it for 2 weeks and I found this happened.