Re: Linux and SSL certificates.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 10:29:43 -0500,
  akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I a increased security push we are thinking about purchasing a SSL
> certificate from Verisign. The singular us important since the
> certificates are expensive and we want to buy only one for our server.

Why? That won't provide YOU with any more security than making your
own certificate. The reason to buy certificates from Verisign or one of
their competitors is so that there won't be security alert popups when
random people connect to your servers. If random people don't connect to
your server there are other ways to deal with that.