Re: KMail

On Thursday 21 April 2005 08:46, linux@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi. ÂI'm totally new to Linux and determined to get comfortable with
> it. ÂI have had it with Windows and am equally determined to be rid of
> it. ÂHaving said that, I downloaded and imaged Fedora 3.0. ÂI have it
> up and running and like it a lot. I am using Thunderbird for my mail
> client, but I would like to try KMail for KDE. ÂEveryone tells me that
> it is packaged in Fedora 3.0, but I'll be darned if I can find it! ÂIs
> it in there?

Hi, Red.

When you installed FC3, did you install the KDE environment?  I believe it is
actually turned of by default when you first install FC3.

I'd check out the kde-redhat project, at http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net.
You can get the complete KDE 3.4 desktop environment there, supported for
Fedora.  KMail will be part of that install.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com