Re: KMAIL IMAP Authentication

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Do, den 21.04.2005 schrieb kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx um 17:45:

I'm trying to setup Kmail to talk to an exchange server. The server is supposed to accept NTLM but I get this when I try and pull my mail:

Unable to authenticate via NTLM.
The server replied:
SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found

NTLM is a Microsoft authentication mechanism. See my reply to a
different topic here on the list with links to explanations. I guess you
will have to ask the Exchange server admin to reconfigure the IMAP
server to allow different auth mechanisms too.

Alexander

If it's a no-go with the IMAP because of the admin you can use evolution with the ximian connector http://ftp.ximian.com/pub/source/evolution/ to connect to an exchange server as long as Outlook Web Access is setup.

--

 montani semper liberi