Re: Experience with SIS80 sata/ide raid on FC3

Paul Howarth wrote / ha scritto on /il 19/04/2005 18:44:

Manu Linux Lookit wrote:

i've done this : to put my 2 hard drive in RAID 0 under the bios card.

they are reconized as 2 differents HD under linux.

i must use then dmraid to do the RAID 0.

the dmraid software send my the message in DMESG command :
program dmraid is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

when i launch the activation command : "dmraid -ay sil"

#dmraid -ay sil
No Software RAID disks
#

but all is configured in RAID 0 under the bios ...

Paul.

Ehi guys,

I understand that my original message about booting from a CD was spoiled and replies changed the subject...
Is is true or my mailreader is crazy??? ;-)

--
Antonio
Linux Fedora Core 3