Re: Experience with SIS80 sata/ide raid on FC3

Manu Linux Lookit wrote:
Tks , i can load the mod now.

There is a little progress:

now with dmesg :

program dmraid is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

but i have a question :

The sis 180 chipset can do RAID 0 1 and 0+1 on the bios.

why i need to use linux softwares as dmraid or other to configure this
raid ?

As you will have seen in the Linux SATA RAID FAQ, the chipset is not (unless it's a different chipset to the one referred to in the FAQ - I don't know) a true hardware RAID, it's software RAID. So it needs OS support.

tks a lot for all ... :D

best regards
Manu

i progress ... and quickly blocked :)

Is that message a warning message or an error message? It looks like a warning to me.

P.S. This will be my last reply whilst you continue to top-post.

Paul.