Re: How do I configure YUM to work through a proxy?

cparuss wrote:
> My Fedora FCr3 box is on a private network.  So it has no direct access
> to the Internet.  Up2date supports Proxy settings.  But up2date now just
> front ends for YUM or APT.

No, it's not.

> RedHat seems to prefer YUM.  That's ok with
> me but I can't figure out how to configure YUM to work through a Proxy.
> I keep getting timeouts and "server not found" messages.  I can't see any
> YUM settings to support a Proxy.

Do a man yum.conf and look for the "proxy" setting.  Another option would
be to set the http_proxy environment variable.

>  I have put the Proxy settings into
> "up2date --config".  No joy.

That would be because up2date and yum have as much in common as Internet
Explorer and Firefox.  They can look at the same servers, but are
completely seperate programs.

--
William Hooper