Re: [Fedora] Re: Xorg resolution - trident

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Endy wrote:

You might try swapping the card out as well as testing another monitor just in case.

Different monitors have the same exact result. And at the moment I don't have another video card to try so that will simply have to wait (eBay to the rescue.) However why would it work fine at high resolutions running Win32 and now won't running X?

You might try looking through the info and man page for trident. These help files might give you some ideas as to what you might need to set some options to.

info trident
had some mention of the blade version of the card.

There is two different other things you might try. One option is to add Option "NoAccel" to the excerpt from your xorg.conf file. This option worked to get past problems with the radeon and the i810 when both of the drivers were busted in one way or another. I am guessing it could resolve the screenshot you had a link to.

Option 1: Section "Device" Identifier "Videocard0" Driver "trident" VendorName "Videocard vendor" BoardName "Trident Blade3D (generic)" Option "Noaccel" EndSection

The second option might be to use the vesa driver instead of the trident driver.

Option 2:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "vesa"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "Trident Blade3D (generic)"
EndSection

Both the i810 and the radeon drivers were improved on later versions of xorg-x11. I gues if either of these options gets you through the hurdles of only getting low resolutions with this driver, a bug report against the driver might help get this driver to become a working driver again.

Go to
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/
and search for bug reports against the trident driver or the Blade3D. you might be able to find a workaroud there.

Good luck!

jim