How do I configure YUM to work through a proxy?

My Fedora FCr3 box is on a private network.  So it has no direct access to the Internet.  Up2date supports Proxy settings.  But up2date now just front ends for YUM or APT.  RedHat seems to prefer YUM.  That's ok with me but I can't figure out how to configure YUM to work through a Proxy.  I keep getting timeouts and "server not found" messages.  I can't see any YUM settings to support a Proxy.  I have put the Proxy settings into "up2date --config".  No joy.  It looks like APT supports Proxy servers but that Fedora FCr3 does not yet support APT.  There is a package to download and install (apt-0.5.15cnc6-12.r362.i386.rpm).  So I downloaded and installed it.  But there is no "mirrors" list.  Can someone put me on the right track here?

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=61806&topic_id=15441&forum=4#forumpost61806