Re: FC4 Bootable CD - Possible ?

Bob Palank wrote:
1. Is it possible to create a FC4 Bootable CD for an HP Pavilion a705W ?
    ( I put the CD in, restart,  and Fedora C4 loads and runs.)
2. Does such a CD already exist ?
3. If not, could a data CD be made such that a very basic FC 4 system is
   created on the CD, then later additional services could be added to the
CD,
   such as KDE and its additional requirements ?
This seems like an excellent way to learn the basics of an OS.
Incidentally,  I tried a Knoppix 3.2 CD and it failed on the HP!

At the moment, the answer is no (and not just because FC4 is not yet released).

However, you may find the Stateless Linux project interesting, given that "Live CDs" are one of the things it enables.

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/stateless/

Paul.