Re: FC4 Bootable CD - Possible ?

Bob Palank wrote:
1. Is it possible to create a FC4 Bootable CD for an HP Pavilion a705W ?
    ( I put the CD in, restart,  and Fedora C4 loads and runs.)
2. Does such a CD already exist ?
3. If not, could a data CD be made such that a very basic FC 4 system is
   created on the CD, then later additional services could be added to the
CD,
   such as KDE and its additional requirements ?
This seems like an excellent way to learn the basics of an OS.
Incidentally,  I tried a Knoppix 3.2 CD and it failed on the HP!
BR
  Bob Palank

Hi Bob:

This is slightly off-topic but it may be helpful. I have an HP Pavilion similar to (but not the same as) yours. I can boot from the Knoppix CD by using the "acpi=off" cheatcode.

At the boot prompt type:

knoppix acpi=off

...and then press Enter

Good luck and feel free to contact me off-list if you have a question;

-- Elton Ashby