Re: Fedoraforum.org is now official?

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 02:33 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 01:39 -0500, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> > The discussion was held here, on this list. See:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&w=2&r=1&s=under+threat&q=b
> >
> > However, the common sense there was that most people *did not* want to
> > move to web fora.
> >

> Thanks for the URL. I recall that thread quite well. But I do not recall
> the sentiment Craig expressed that "end-users were really not welcome on
> this list." That in particular was my objection.
----
I don't recall expressing any such sentiment.

I do believe that the volume of this mail list is way too much for most
people...hence the forums use a technology that end users can deal with
and an in box where they can get overwhelmed mostly by spam.

I surely don't get the 'it was decided' and 'reached good solutions'
that Gustavo is claiming and then creating the nexus that something
unfairly was done. I thought it was clear from Warren's first post that
the intent was to drive support needs to the forums. All of the
discussion after that was the mental masturbation that this list is
highly capable of doing and is a rather interesting form of amusement in
and of itself.

In the end though, multiple, overlapping support options seem to be a
different strokes for different folks thing.

Craig