Re: free up some disk space

cd /
du -sh *

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Dotan Cohen wrote:

Well, according to df I have used up about 7 of the 8 gigs I have
allocated to linux on my disk. I don't have any more to allocate from
the windows partion, so I ask what can I erase to free up some space.

My /home directory takes up about 700 megs, even though when I add up
all the unhidden files, I only get up to about 200 megs. I have half a
gig in hidden files?!? How can I  figure out where the bloat is and
get rid of it?

And that means that my fedora installation, with no servers, is over 6 gigs?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://English-Lyrics.com/
http://TerribleLyrics.com/