Re: Fragmentation?

_Most_ filesystem types of the last quarter-century have a designed-in
tendency to resist fragmentation, provided that they're not too close to
100% full. The only exceptions I know of -- filesystem types that lack
this feature -- are FAT, NTFS, and VMS's partitions. (Note that the VMS
design team were hired by Microsoft Corporation to write MS-Windows NT.)

I was just interested to verify more about fragmentation on ntfs, one would think that this, being MS's top FS would not have this problem. Also the impression i've had was otherwise, I wonder how much of a problem it would be compared to its alternative, fat32?