FC-3 Thunderbird Mail Filter problem ?

I replaced FC2 with FC3 [new install] seven days ago and have not been able
to make the mail filters work normally.

Received messages are dumped into "Inbox" but the filters do not run automatically
as they have done until now? I have to run them manually with "Alt T, Alt R."
That works normally but it's a nuisance to do, requiring that I select Inbox
and then run the filters. I tried the later version of T-bird and have reinstalled
the default version from the cdrom without any difference.

I may be doing something wrong but have never had a problem with the mail filters
before this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin   Zunim Virginia