Re: need help for installing source code

Kuldeep Prakash wrote:
Hello Paul thanx for the quick suggestion , When I tried doing that I was in
root login , but nothing got installed in the /usr/src/redhat
directory.
thanx and regards
Kuldeep

Please don't top-post on this mailing list.

Installing the SRPM as root will have put a spec file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and various source files in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

If you create a ~/.rpmmacros file as described at http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/kernel-compilation-tutorial-en/steps.html then the files will be installed in ~/rpmbuild/SPECS and ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES instead.

Paul.