Backups allowing individual file restoration

I'm looking for an application that will create an image of a full Fedora drive that can be used for either a bare metal restore or can be used to restore individual directories or files. I use Partition Image for this for my Window boxes.

I've tried using Partimage. It's a great program but it only creates images of complete partitions and can only restore the complete partition...no directory or file access. It looks like G4U and G4L actually use Partimage so I assume they work the same.

I don't want to use either CD's or DVD's. I would like to backup/restore either to another hard drive on the system being backed up or across my network to a server.

Any reommendations would be appreciated.