Re: Lan to Wan reprise

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:58:34 -0500, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 19:33 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:

Now, if I could just figure out where the block is
between my Lan and my Wan ---

That just about has to be "something" in the iptables setup.   The LAN
machines get to the firewall box.  The firewall box gets to the
internet.  But the LAN boxes don't get passed through.

It would need to be related to 1) ip forwarding,  2) ip masquerading aka
NAT, or 3) otherwise blocking.

I have not looked at your script, and am not an expert on iptables
scripts anyway but I can identify the location and likely part
containing the problem.

One approach may be to set up tcpdump to capture a small part of a
session that should work but does not, then analyze it to see what is
blocking the passthrough.

I'm reading up on how to set up some sort of trace to log what's going on as I write.

I hope someone who's an iptables guru can find the time to look through my script. I have the feeling this is a case of "The Purloined Letter". The answer is in front of my face but after 18 hours of fighting this, I'm blind ---

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA