Re: Lan to Wan reprise

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:22:32 -0600, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As far as the firewall script goes, you only need to run it once if you
then do the following (as root) before you shutdown.
# service iptables save

It then will save the settings in a file (/etc/sysconfig/iptables) that
automatically gets read and processed each time you boot.

After having done this, the only time you will need to redo it is if you
make a change int he firewall and need to update the startup
configuration.

Thanks. I thought this might be the way. There are many references to running firewall scripts in linux google, though it's funny, I couldn't find any that were pertinent to FC3. In one tutorial I found, the "service iptables save" command was used, and it seemed quite simple. I couldn't figure out why this wasn't the best way to do it, but I found no other mention of using it. Now, if I could just figure out where the block is between my Lan and my Wan ---

-- Claude Jones Bluemont, VA