Re: dual boot linux and windows xp

--- Andrew Breen <rusty2398@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me out on
> this.  I have
> installed Fedora on a second hard drive so that I
> could have the
> option of running Windows or Linux when I boot up.
> I tried using
> bootpart to edit the NTLDR to boot linux, but I'm
> probably doing
> something wrong, because Linux fails to boot at all.
>  It comes up with
> a message that linux cannot be found.  Is there
> anybody that knows
> what to do to help me?  Thanks!
> -Andrew
>
> --

Hi Andrew,

Using NTLDR to boot Windows and Linux is not such a
good idea. NTLDR is a program loaded from the hard
drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows
NT startup menu and helps Windows NT load. It is much
better to use a third party boot loader like LILO or
GRUB to boot into either OS. FC3 allows you the option
to install either of these.

Regards,
Callistus Mendonca