Re: dual boot linux and windows xp

--On Ä?etrtek, marec 10, 2005 20:28:19 -0800 Callistus Mendonca <angel_escuro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Andrew Breen <rusty2398@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me out on
this.  I have
installed Fedora on a second hard drive so that I
could have the
option of running Windows or Linux when I boot up.
I tried using
bootpart to edit the NTLDR to boot linux, but I'm
probably doing
something wrong, because Linux fails to boot at all.
 It comes up with
a message that linux cannot be found.  Is there
anybody that knows
what to do to help me?  Thanks!
-Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Using NTLDR to boot Windows and Linux is not such a
good idea. NTLDR is a program loaded from the hard
drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows
NT startup menu and helps Windows NT load. It is much
better to use a third party boot loader like LILO or
GRUB to boot into either OS. FC3 allows you the option
to install either of these.

Regards,
Callistus Mendonca

I agree. I also use Grub to boot linux or winxp. Moreover, I have installed both systems on separate disks with each own MBR (just in case my Grub gets screwed up).

Regards,
Sasa