Re: IIIMF under English KDE session

Mingfeng Yang wrote:

Hi,

I think this must be a frequently asked question, but after googling for hours, I still couldn't activate iiimf by Ctrl+Space or any other methods under English Session. (IIIMF works perfectly if I login in Chinese session).

I add the following lines in to ~/.i18n, LANG="zh_CN.UTF-8"
XIM=htt
XMODIFIERS="@im=htt"

logged out and then logged in, but it turned out to be a Chinese session. I use Fedora Core 3.

Can you give me some hints how to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!

yang

// I apologize for my behavior of posting this email this morning to the list by replying a irrelevant topic. I didn't know these two methods are different. :(

Yang, I do not recall seeing any list messages on the subject prior to your own. I would take a shot at helping out if I knew anything at all about IIIMF, but do not have it installed on my system. Perhaps another subscriber with experience using the package will see your note shortly and step forward to help out.

Some wild shots in the dark: Activating the software from an English session sounds like you are looking for a way to define a hot key or keyboard shortcut. Running the Gnome desktop, there is a gui interface available through Popup Menu Icon (Red Hat) -> Preferences -> Keyboard shortcuts. I assume there is something similar in KDE.