Re: Issues configuring wireless card- laptop

--- Appeet <appeet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> but unable to browse intranet / internet.
>
> I have a dell inspiron 700m. I downloaded the
> firmware
> and driver for my laptop and installed. I could see
> the signal strength (noise/signal ratio) and all
> other
> networks when I access via KWifiManager.
>
> The driver and firmware details are as follows :
>
> ipw2200-1.0.0.tgz
> ipw2200-fw-2.2.tgz
>

> My wireless card (internal)details are as follows :
>
> Network controller : Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless
>
> But I am unable to browse my wireless network (even
> though wifi manager says good strength)
>
> When I try to do system-config-network I get the
> following error / warning. What am I possibly doing
> wrong ?
>
> Warning: Device eth1 has been comiled with version
> 17
> of wireless extension, while we are using version
> 16.
> Some things may be broken...
>

> I configured my wep key on the network configuration
> manager by selecting the profile and editing it and
> going into wireless settings (of wireless device
> configuration)
>

> Appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

I tried to update to 1.0.1 but still keep getting the
same warning
 Warning: Device eth1 has been comiled with version
 17 of wireless extension, while we are using version
 16. Some things may be broken...
When i do the config.

I followed the direction provided in one suggestion
and tried setting it up as infra / adhoc. Both face
the same problem, I can see the network, signal
strength is excellent, but cannot see computers on
inter/intranet.

Any ideas will greatly help. I can give some
diagnostics if you tell what to run and provide.

regards,

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!